Antenna sockets or aerial sockets are also referred to as junction boxes and are used to provide the signal output from the coaxial cable network to the respective terminal equipment. The antenna sockets are also called aerial sockets or TV sockets by non-professionals because they are primarily used to connect televisions or radios to the antenna network.
Therefore, modern antenna sockets usually feature:
- an IEC connection for TV sets
- a connection for FM broadcasting
- an F-jack for data or satellite
A distinction is made between different types of antenna sockets:
- Spigot box, also spigot or single box - is the standard box for the usual star-shaped installation.
- End Socket – has only one signal input and a standard terminating resistor. The signal branch ends here.
- Through Socket, also known as junction box, has an additional signal output so that the signal can be forwarded to a downstream socket. Its use is still widespread, especially in cable television.
In addition, Bürklins range also includes marshalling distributors for the electrical distribution or bundling of communication or data cables via a marshalling system.
Antenna sockets of renowned manufacturer at Bürklin Elektronik
If you are looking for a suitable junction box for your coaxial and HF cables, our customer service will be happy to assist you. Simply contact us by telephone +49 89 55875-230, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or via the contact form. We will be happy to advise you!