Wireless modules (3G, 4G, 5G, ...)
GSM modules, UMTS modules, LTE modules and other mobile radio modules are usually installed in mobile end user devices in order to connect them to the mobile radio network. The individual mobile radio modules are based on the defined standards of the respective mobile radio generation:
- 1G modules: run on the AMPS mobile radio standard and enable analogue voice transmission.
- 2G modules: include GSM modules for initial digital transmission and their enhancements, the HSCSD, GPRS and EDGE modules.
- 3G modules: include UMTS modules for data services such as video telephony or mobile Internet access. HSPA and HSPA+ modules are also considered 3G modules and 3.5G respectively. Data transmission via an LTE module is classified at 3.9G.
- 4G modules: Officially, only LTE Advanced is seen as a 4G module that enables data rates of up to 600 Mbps. LTE modules can transmit HDTV video content, for example.
- 5G modules: build on existing 4G technologies such as LTE and LTE Advanced. The 5G standard transmits the highest data rates to date, enabling real-time transmission on 100 billion mobile devices simultaneously worldwide
Since the 3G standard, the technical infrastructure can also be used for the next generation if it is extended by the respective technical components. Newer mobile devices with mobile radio modules from younger generations are mostly downward compatible with previous mobile radio standards.
3G Modules, 4G modules and other mobile modules at Bürklin
You can find high quality mobile radio modules for various mobile radio standards at Bürklin. Our customer service will be happy to advise you in detail on the selection of the right mobile radio modules.